Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Artistic Statement

In my Portfolio there are pictures of objects, Chris and of mine. These pictures were all projects for my 6th period Digital Photo Class. I used Photoshop for well over half of the pictures. I also have a couple of critiques of different pictures that are praised. I like my portfolio and I like how I kept everything in order, and I believe that I have a pretty good layout of everything in it.
Over the course of this semester I have learned many things from using Photoshop to taking more artistic photographs that I have become proud of. I think that I have decent to good pictures, and I am glad for the topics and ideas that I had and let me feel like I have a good artistic sense. I am also a pretty moderate Photoshop user, and I think that I would be able to do some of these projects on my own.
I feel that I was most successful when it came down to be creative and fun with the picture. When things were a little bit more serious it was a lot harder for me then when I didn’t have restrictions on what I was able to do. I was also very successful with having fun with my projects. On the contrary, I had difficulty with the “Social Issue” because it was more serious than I thought it was, so it was difficult to come up with the right issue that felt right to me. I think that I could improve on taking things a little more serious and taking a little more time on the project at hand. I had many ups and downs, but overall I am proud of what I accomplished in photo.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Afraid of serious things are you? That makes sense to me. I think your portfolio definitely shows growth. I can see your compositional skills begin to solidify. Your lyric has very good composition, which lets me know that you are on the right track up. What I would submit to you that while serious may not be as fun, it can always be creative. Push yourself to find the unique idea inside yourself for each project regardless of what it is.